Why Sterling for Gig?
No industry rookie, we have been a trusted partner in background screening for over 40 years.
Our modern, RESTful API is simple to integrate, easily scalable, and fully customizable for your candidate experience.
We go straight to primary information sources, leveraging exclusive technology and meticulous QA processes.
From criminal background checks to identity verification and ongoing monitoring, we are a one-stop shop.
Screening for the gig economy is complex. You need a partner you can trust to help you navigate evolving federal and local regulations and keep your customers safe.
What We Have To Offer
Complete Criminal Background Checks
Sterling uses powerful proprietary technology and a multi-step process to deliver reliable results and uncover criminal records that might be missed by other providers. 90% of our criminal checks are complete within a day. Criminal Background Checks include... Read More
- Social Security Number Trace: More reliable than searching only by the name and location provided, the trace returns additional addresses and alternate names to search on a candidate.
- CourtDirect™: It’s critical to go directly to where criminal records are housed: the courts. Our technology provides direct digital access to 2,400 U.S. jurisdictions. A cornerstone of our business is to own more of our end-to-end data pipeline than anyone else in the industry, which allows us to provide faster turnaround times and reduces the opportunity for error.
- Enhanced Nationwide: A search of this national criminal record database generates leads on where to run additional searches. It is an important step, but all information must be validated at the court level.
- Locator Select: Whether working or vacationing, candidates have all spent time in counties outside their official residence. This tool allows us to expand the footprint of the search beyond address history and uncover records that might otherwise go unsearched.
- Sex Offender Search: Other databases can contain outdated or incomplete information—Sterling searches the U.S. Department of Justice’s National Sex Offender Public Website records to provide more accurate, real-time data directly from the state sex offender registries.
- QA & Record Verification: Sterling builds quality controls into our reporting process and applies Federal and State laws in reporting criminal records.
Know who you're hiring upfront with Sterling Identity Verification, which provides a fast, convenient, and mobile experience for applicants.
Ongoing monitoring notifies companies daily of any changes to employees’ driver records, criminal records, or license status—before they impact your brand and business.
Drug & Health Screening
Sterling offers full-service drug and health screening, with access to 18,500 test sites and global capabilities.
Motor Vehicle Reports
Sterling makes use of direct state integrations to offer fast, fully compliant Motor Vehicle Reports for all 50 states.
Education, Employment, and License Verifications
Sterling can quickly and accurately verify education and job history, industry certifications, licenses, and accreditations.
Global Screening Options
Sterling has reach in 195 countries and provides information you can trust as you expand your global presence.
Looking for more?
Contact us to learn about additional services.
People trust UZURV to take their most fragile clients from point A to point B. Because of our business model, we needed a screening company that operated at this same high level of care. We chose Sterling.
Trish FitzPatrick VP Corporate Outreach
Sterling’s technology is impressive—we really like the API and the portal’s customizable dashboard to quickly view real-time status of all orders. Overall, Sterling’s efficiency, expertise, and technology has been a huge improvement from previous providers.
Jack Murphy Vice President of Finance
Integrate in days, not months. We have developed industry-pioneering features in response to the evolving needs of our gig clients—our powerful API reflects our continual investment in technology.Reach out for more detail.
Global Reach and Expertise
Sterling has reach in 195 countries and our in-house compliance team includes experts in international markets.