Why Sterling SMB
There are many other background screening solutions out there, but their checks are often ineffective – and may even violate regulations.
We never take shortcuts that would put your brand and business at risk.
Trusted by clients across industries, we offer a full-service solution.
We have been there for our clients for over 40 years — and will be for the decades to come.
What We Have To Offer
Complete Criminal Background Checks
Sterling uses powerful proprietary technology and a multi-step process to deliver reliable results and catch issues that can fall through the cracks with other providers. Read More...
- Social Security Number Trace: The starting point for any good background check, this trace generally returns all addresses and alternate names for the candidate.
- Enhanced Nationwide: This national criminal database check searches criminal records throughout the country. It’s an important supplemental search, but jurisdictions are not required to report to national databases, so the database may not include all criminal records and may include outdated information.
- CourtDirect: For reliable information, it’s critical to go directly to where criminal records are housed—the courts. Our proprietary technology provides direct digital access to 2,400 U.S. jurisdictions. In jurisdictions that do not permit integrations, Sterling employs full-time court researchers. Sterling owns more of its end-to-end data pipeline than anyone else in the industry, which allows us to provide faster turnaround times and reduces the opportunity for error.
- Locator Select: Not all crimes are committed in the counties where a candidate has lived. This tool allows us to expand the footprint of the search and uncover records that would otherwise be entirely missed.
- QA & Verification: We scrub our data at every step and follow Federal and State guidelines in reporting criminal records.
Department of Justice (DOJ) Sex Offender Database Search
Other databases contain outdated or incomplete information—Sterling goes straight to the source to provide accurate, real-time data.
Education, Employment, and License Verifications
Sterling can quickly and accurately verify education and job history, industry certifications, licenses, and accreditations.
Sterling Identity offers next-generation technology and 1,000 convenient fingerprinting locations, spanning all 50 U.S. states.
Drug & Health Screening
Sterling offers full-service drug and health screening, with access to 18,500 test sites and global capabilities.
Motor Vehicle Reports
Sterling makes use of direct integrations to offer fast, fully compliant Motor Vehicle Reports for all 50 states.
Employment Eligibility Verifications (Form I-9)
Sterling streamlines onboarding for all new hires and helps avoid penalties with electronic I-9 verifications.
Sterling Workforce Monitoring makes it easy to run ongoing employee monitoring and proactively identify potential risks before they impact your brand and business.
Sterling Diligence provides a customized, in-depth investigation to ensure that there are no surprises waiting to be uncovered when you bring on a new executive or board member.
Global Screening Options
Sterling has reach in 195 countries and provides information you can trust as you expand your global presence.
Sterling is integrated with 50+ partners, offering the most ATS/HRIS integrations in the industry.
Drawing on extensive experience and deep data, our expert team can partner with you to advise on specific considerations, trends and best practices for any industry.Be in touch for industry-specific support.
YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! I truly appreciate all of the detail and how comprehensive you have been with us throughout our entire relationship. I was at a conference last week with 40 other TA leaders and I expressed my satisfaction with our switch to Sterling and the level of excellent service we have received.
Talent Acquisition Operations Leader
Leading Insurance Provider
FCRA compliance is built into our technology, and our data undergoes thorough QA and verification. However, we also have an in-house team of experts to help you navigate evolving federal and local regulations.