September 4th, 2018 | David Bloom, Sterling Talent Solutions
Simple Screening Doesn’t Need to Be Complex: Sterling Introduces SterlingNOW
Small businesses need to meet and overcome challenges every day and according to a recent survey by Statista, the biggest challenge is hiring good/quality staff and retaining them. At Sterling we know this pain well. Today we serve some of the largest companies in the world but it wasn’t long ago we were a small business, too. We remain at heart an underdog fighting to earn the trust of every clients and hire the critical employees we need to grow.
Sterling is excited to announce that Kennect.com is now SterlingNOW, a fast and accurate way for small businesses to perform background checks on employees and contractors and to stay compliant. We offer affordable packages and a robust menu of customizations such as criminal history searches, motor vehicle record checks, employment and education verifications and drug testing to meet a small business’s unique screening needs. SterlingNOW is powered by the Sterling OnDemand API with the full functionality of Sterling, the world’s largest employment background screening provider.
- Speed: The faster we complete your background check, the faster you can get a candidate hired. Our pioneering CourtDirectTM enhances your criminal background check by identifying potential records in counties where your candidate has never lived. With our proprietary automated technology, we have increased the speed of our criminal searches by 40%, leading Sterling to have the fastest turnaround time in company history.
- Accuracy: We know that speed is important, but it’s even more important to be accurate. Our process includes numerous quality controls that are designed to deliver reliable information so that you can make informed hiring decisions.
- Compliance: Screening guidelines can be complicated and the rules are constantly changing. Our team of compliance professionals tracks legislation affecting employment screening.
Describe the Packages-Unique to Your Needs
SterlingNOW allows small businesses to choose the screening package that fits their hiring needs. We offer three pre-set packages, Basic, Preferred and Pro. Our comprehensive, customizable packages are specially designed with small to mid-sized business in mind.
Each pre-set package has the following base checks:
- Social Security Number Trace
- Current County Criminal Search
- National Criminal Database Search
- Department of Justice Sex Offender Registry Check
The Preferred and Pro packages add further checks for those businesses who require more information for hiring peace of mind. Employers can also choose additional services to make their background check even more comprehensive including:
- Education Verifications
- Employment Verifications
- Motor Vehicle Reports
- Criminal Locator Select
Get Employee Background Checks in 5 Easy Steps
Background screening doesn’t have to be complicated for small businesses. The registration process on SterlingNOW can be completed in 5 simple steps and there are no set-up fees:
- Set up an account
- Provide your business information and documents
- Select your screening package and add-on services
- Invite your candidate to provide information or enter it yourself
- Check out and pay with your credit card
Employers can log into a dashboard to review the completed orders. Full results of the background checks are provided via PDF an include details on each of the services in the packages that were requested. The results are fast and reliable. SterlingNOW has built-in tools to support compliance and provides privacy and security for employers and candidates.
If you are ready to make employee background checks the least difficult part of your job? SterlingNOW can help you streamline the screening process. We look forward to continuing to help you make your work environment safe! Find out more about SterlingNOW screening packages today!
Sterling is not a law firm. This publication is for informational purposes only and nothing contained in it should be construed as legal advice. We expressly disclaim any warranty or responsibility for damages arising out this information. We encourage you to consult with legal counsel regarding your specific needs. We do not undertake any duty to update previously posted materials.